Lauren Ambrose Talks TORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY

Written By: Lauren Ambrose
Source: BBC

Jilly Kitzinger works in public relations. She's a sleek, slick, clever PR person who works for the potentially evil corporation PhiCorp, a giant pharmaceutical company. She's always on the move, seems to always be traveling on a different airplane going to a different city.

Bill Pullman plays a death row prisoner who's about to be executed and he doesn't die, so he becomes a media star and I want him for my company. We want him – we want to use him. I find him and I convince him that he needs me. He of course doesn't need me, but I have other plans for him.

I thought the story was incredibly smart and interesting and as Russell told it to me, his plan for this season is so clever and really about something, about big ideas. My character is just fascinating, I mean, I'm wearing these incredibly fancy clothes. Every handbag matches the shoes, matches the gloves, matches the belt, so I'm wearing very fancy clothes.

I get to play a glamorous PR person. Come on, who wouldn't want to do that?

Shawna, the costumer, is amazing and I think having fun with this character. Each costume for me is more beautiful than the next and I guess Jilly Kitzinger spends her money well and at Barney's.

Russell's been around every day that we're shooting. In addition to writing, he certainly seems involved in every aspect and I love talking to him about the show. I love hearing his experience with it and he definitely lured me in because he had a reason for everything. Every detail is thought out and thought through.

This show has this massive cult following, so I'm sure it will just catch on and everyone will be watching it and talking about Torchwood. And more importantly, talking about Jilly Kitzinger and what she was wearing.

See Also: Alexa Havins Talks TORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY / Torchwood Captain Jack Harkness Masterpiece Collection Bust/ Eve Myles Talks About TORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY / STARZ To Feature Both TORCHWOOD And SPARTACUS Stars At Comic Con/New Guest Stars Announced For TORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY/TORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY To Premiere July 8th On Starz /The 100 Greatest Monsters From Movies And Television #51 - #60 /Former BUFFY And TORCHWOOD Stars Return To TV In SyFy's THREE INCHES /Starz Aquires The US Rights To The Fourth Season Of TORCHWOOD / The Top Ten Hottest Women Of 2009 /Russell T Davies Talks About The Future In The Latest Issue Of 'Torchwood' Magazine / Torchwood: Children Of Earth - Day Five/Torchwood: Children Of Earth - Day Four / Torchwood: Children Of Earth - Day Three / Torchwood: Children Of Earth - Day Two /Torchwood: Children Of Earth - Day One / Torchwood: Children Of Earth (2009)(BBC)/Torchwood: Children Earth Doctor Who On BBC America In July/Torchwood Children Of Earth Air Date And Spoilers / New Michael Golden Artwork For The Cover Of Torchwood Magazine / Torchwood Jack Harkness And Gwen Cooper Mug /Tonight's The Night Gives One Doctor Who Fan The Chance Of A Lifetime /Torchwood: Children Of Earth - Trailer/Torchwood Children Of Earth Trailer To Screen On Both Sides Of The Atlantic / Torchwood Wave 1 Action Figure Set / Eve Myles - New Myspace Photos And Convention Appearance /Freema Agyeman Talks About Doctor Who, Torchwood And Her Latest Series Survivors / 400 Fans Go Behind The Scenes Of Doctor Who And Torchwood / A Devastating Virus Wipes Out Most Of The World Population In Survivors / Fans Are Given A Rare Chance To Visit The Sets Of Doctor Who, Torchwood, And Sarah Jane / Torchwood: Children Of Earth Begins Filming

No comments:

Post a Comment